Thursday, January 23, 2020

Legend of the Treasury

by Kristi Yu, Tenth Grade

Are you the one? I've been waiting for him, you see. Allow me to explain myself. Although I am old and rusted, small and tarnished, I am idolized and sought after by many for the treasure I can reveal. While some might call me self-important or arrogant, I maintain that I simply know my worth. And while some might call me closed off or exclusive, I'll open up for you if you are willing to meet me. I, a prized possession, hold a magnificent trove, just waiting to be divulged. But I'm waiting for just the right person – the One, you might say. Because of my past, I'm scarred, worn, and mangled, but my purpose has always remained the same. Despite the baggage I bear, I carry with me the promise of great treasure. I am the final piece of a puzzle, fitting perfectly into the jigsaw of your joy and prosperity. Like a legend on a map, I am essential to your success.

I used to be the trusted partner of a plunderer, whom I thought to be the One. But alas, it as not to be. Although I never left his side, I am now utterly alone. I've laid dormant for countless years in this dark, dingy place, always hoping for the time when the One would find me. I have heard nothing but silence in this abandoned wreck for so long that I've even forgotten the chime of my own voice. I know the One, like myself, will evince immense intellect and ambition, and when I find him, I will gladly open up for him. Are you he?

Students were given an object which they had to describe and personify but could not reveal the object directly in their writing. Did you guess this mystery object?
Antique Key
Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts are . . .